The apple pie is a simple yet delicious dessert that can be found in fine dining restaurants to McDonalds. This is our take on the much loved pie.
- 9 inches pastry for double crust pie
- 175g of all-purpose flour
- 150g of granulated sugar
- 100g of butter
- 10g of ground cinnamon
- 5g of nutmeg
- 5g of cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 6 apples sliced and peeled
- 45ml of whiskey
Putting it together
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees C.
- Roll out the pastry and line a pan with it.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg together.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the apples, saute the apples over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until they start to soften then take off the heat.
- Add the sugar mixture (in step 3) and whiskey to the apples and fold together.
- Pour the contents into the crust and cover.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, lower the heat to 175 degrees C and bake for another 40 minutes.
Serve warm with ice-cream for best results.
Whether you eat it with ice-cream or not, we hope you enjoyed making it and enjoyed eating it even more.